Archive for January, 2016
Are you torn about owning a hybrid vehicle? Are you afraid the model just isn’t powerful enough for you? You like the idea of a hybrid’s environmental advantages, but you’re afraid it lacks some muscle? If that’s the case, then you might want to listen to the reviews of veterans of the Arkadelphia Police Department in Arkansas. Recently that department replaced 10 of their traditional Crown Vitoria police car models with Toyota Camry Hybrids and the results were spectacular. Not only did the cars consume less fuel, which saved taxpayers money, the electric motor made it much quieter than gasoline motors and allowed the officers to approach lawbreakers.
Toyota released a story about the success of the hybrids in police service. According to the report, the hybrid models were more than a match for the Crown Vitoria models and the hybrid models were getting about 27 miles per gallon in all-city driving (compared to about 12 to 14 miles per gallon the Crown Victoria models typically got). Additionally, thanks to the fuel savings and much lower maintenance costs, the city of Arkadelphia was saving itself about 3 percent of its annual budget.
If you’re now convinced that a hybrid is a great car to have, then come visit Toyota of Muncie and take a look at the exceptional 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE, a perfect car for the fuel-economy minded family or individual.
While there were changes made to the body style and interior controls, Toyota kept the sedan’s gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain, a 2.5 liter combustible engine and electric motor combination that generates 200 horsepower. That kind of power means the hybrid can accelerate from zero to 60 miles per hour in 7.6 seconds.
We are creatures of technology. We love our smartphones, our tablets, our connectivity to the rest of the world through social media platforms. That’s something the engineers at Toyota know and they are working hard to ensure that even when in our cars, we’re still connected – albeit safely. In a news announcement Toyota said it is working to enhance its connected technologies, including a plan to install a Data Communication Module into a broader range of its vehicles. The company is also considering using satellite communications in the future, including high capacity satellites that offer much higher data transfer rates than conventional satellite technologies.
These new technologies would be great for many drivers who love to remain connected. If you want to stay connected with all the great things going on at Toyota of Muncie through a new app for your mobile device. You can download the Toyota of Muncie app from both the Google Play Store as well as iTunes.
If it’s difficult to remember when you should complete your routine maintenance on your vehicle, our new app will send you timely service reminder notifications letting you know when you should get your next service completed. You can stay up-to-date on the most recent service coupons, service scheduling and more.
App features allow you to:
• Receive our current service coupons
• View our current sales inventory
• Schedule service instantly
• Store important vehicle information
• Access your vehicles’ service records
• Receive instant service reminders
• Contact any department quickly
• Calculate your loan payment
• Find your local gas prices
• Interact with our dealership’s social media
• Learn about our amenities
Download the Toyota of Muncie app from your mobile device’s operating system and open yourself up to a 24/7 world of Toyota of Muncie. Find a car you’re interested in on the app, such as the 2016 Toyota Prius V Five-Door Wagon Three, then come down to our showroom and schedule a test drive.
Toyota is starting the year off with a bang by showcasing some of the new technologies that will become part of future designs, including the TOYOTA Smart Center, the heart of company’s “vision for a Smart Mobility Society that connects people, vehicles and communities,” Toyota said in a statement.
The new Toyota technology is being showcased at the International Consumer Electronics Show. Technologies on display include:
- Next generation connected service systems such as Agent+, which leverages multiple factors including day, time, location and driving history to predict likely destinations and help guide you there quickly and efficiently.
- The Mobility Teammate Concept, which demonstrates Toyota’s more than 20 years of research and development into automated driving technologies. The vehicle showcases Toyota’s approach to automated driving – building relationships between people and cars to help them team up in pursuit of safe and enjoyable driving. This approach acknowledges the utility of automated driving technologies while maintaining the fun experience of driving itself.
- A deep learning and artificial intelligence display, where scale model Prius connected vehicles learn from and share with each other in real time to create a safe driving environment.
While these technologies are not yet available to consumers, come check out some of the latest Toyota models at Toyota of Muncie, including with the 2016 Toyota Prius V Five-Door Wagon Three. With the Prius, Toyota has thought to add a number of technical amenities, including a smartphone app integration system and Pandora Internet radio. However, to enjoy these tech features, new owners will have to install an app on their telephone and register an account.
Come visit Toyota of Muncie to take a look at the new 2016 Toyota Prius V Five-Door Wagon Three and get ready for additional technological rollouts coming in the near future.